Tuesday 4 October 2011

Salty Peanut Tiffin

Heart Attack in a convenient Bite Sized Mouthful
You know how there are some things in life that you can't comprehend? I don't understand how some people don't like eating savoury, salty snacks at the same time as a mouthful of chocolate. One of my favourite treats is a square of dairy milk sandwiched between a few ready salted crisps. NOM NOM NOM! So, having a craving for some salty chocolaty deliciousness, and considering you can't get pretzel flipz any more and I didn't have any walkers in the house I made some peanut refrigerator cake. There really is no need for a recipe for this, it's just what you have in the cupboard, melted together. Genius.
I melted a few bars of dark chocolate with a tablespoon of golden syrup and added around 10 broken rich tea biscuits, the remnants of a pack of coco pops, a handful of raisins and a big handful of salted roasted peanuts. Squashed it all in to a lined brownie tin and then poured on some melted milk chocolate. Stick it in the fridge and an hour later you have a slab of salty tea accompaniments to hand for as long as they remain uneaten! I always try to not add any 'fresh' ingredients like butter a it would limit the shelf life of the finished cake. 
Always there when you fancy a pick me up

No comments:

Post a Comment