Sunday 20 May 2012

Apple and Blackberry slice

Fruity!
I am moving to Berlin this week and am having friends around for some games, wine and of course cake! I've tried to make things that will use up the majority of ingredients in my store cupboard, whilst also battling with the fact that I've had to store a lot of my belongings (cake tins) at my parent's house, 500 miles away. I've made this ginger cake  without the pears, a nice lemon cake and this cheesecake along side this apple and blackberry slice. 
It's got a nice layer apples baked in to the middle of the slice with lovely jammy blackberries dotted about. And, because I think it's tasty- it's also almond flavoured.   

Ingredients:
150g butter
290g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
250g self raising flour
150 ml fat free natural yoghurt
2 caps full of almond extract
2 large apples
180g blackberries
icing sugar, to dust


Method:
- preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a shallow rectangular tin with baking paper.
- beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg gradually and beat well.
- stir in the flour and yoghurt alternately and mix until smooth. Stir in the almond flavour.
- spread a thin layer of the batter over the tin. Peel, core and quarter the apples and slice thinly. Lay these over the cake mix. Top the apples with the rest of the batter. Scatter the berries on top and bake for 40 mins.
- once cooked, leave in the tin for half an hour, then leave to cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar and scoff.



No comments:

Post a Comment