Sunday 25 November 2012

Banana Waffles

Waffles with three different styles of banana!
Since I decided the floor was no place to hang my coat anymore, I realised that I was going to need a friend to come and help me drill some holes for a pretty set of hooks I had acquired. Because this was going to happen in the morning, I made some brunch in exchange for labour - and seeing as I don't get nearly enough use from that waffle iron, waffles were on the menu! A request was put in for them to have banana in. I had a look on the internet for a recipe, but couldn't decide on any of them so just sort of...well I made it up. They have bananas times three: one mashed in to the batter, some cooked in the middle and then some fresh slices on the top. A dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of honey later, you have tasty breakfast times! The batter keeps for a few days in the fridge - which is good as this will make 8.

Ingredients:
200g plain flour
80g wholemeal flour
2tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp each of ground ginger and cinnamon 
10g vanilla sugar
1 ripe banana, mashed up in a bowl
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
300ml milk
65g plain yogurt
25g butter, melted
2tblsp honey

one banana per waffle
yogurt
honey

Method:
- place all of the dry ingredients in to a large bowl and mix about a bit
- crack the eggs in to the mashed banana and combine using a balloon whisk. Then add the milk and vanilla and mix well. Add this in to the dry ingredients, mix well then add the yogurt.
-pour over the melted butter and honey and whisk
- turn on the waffle iron and when hot spoon some of the batter on and spread a little (I used a 1/4 cup measure as it was about the right size) slice half a banana on to the batter then dot a little more of the mixture on top of each slice. Close the iron and cook for around 3 minutes or until fluffed up and browned. 
-serve with the other half of the banana, yogurt and honey. YUM!(AND only 215 calories a waffle, if you make 8 - excellent!)


Fluffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment